Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Cheesy beef casserole- NOT a HIT in my family!!!

OK~ here's the deal- I started this a few days ago and wasn't sure if I wanted to post it or not. You see, I made this recipe and it was not a big hit at the dinner table. OK... so I figured the fam must not have been that hungry that night. I put the leftovers in the fridge thinking they'd be gobbled up in a day or so. I was wrong.... this stuff sat in the fridge for days, until garbage day in fact! Now, you may have a completely different experience with this so I'm going to share it anyway. It was something I found on Pinterest and since my kiddos usually love anything cheesy, I honestly thought this would be a hit. Let me know if you make it and end up with a totally different opinion! And let me know if you did anything different to make it into something more fabulous!!!!

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 cup cooked rice
1 can peas
Spices: pepper, cumin, garlic, celery seed (to your liking)
1 cup chicken broth
1 small can of tomato paste
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
"Extra cheese"- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, cheddar slices, smoked Gouda slices. 

Layer cooked rice in greased baking dish. Then layer peas on top. 
Brown meat with spices. Add chicken broth, cheese and tomato paste. Simmer for 2 minutes then add this as the top layer of the casserole. Layer extra cheese on top. 
Bake at 350' for 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment