Search This Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Chicken Wings: Madison House Chef style... modified!

CHICKEN WINGS: Courtesy of Madison House Chef- modified a bit!

So, growing up my parents have always made some of the best chicken wings I've ever had. When I have asked them for the recipe it always seems so complicated- some frying, some baking, lots of steps! I end up just baking them with some spices and while they turn out edible, they are nothing to write home about. Last night I did a Pinterest search and found a recipe that not only got good reviews, but seemed easy enough even for me! Modified a bit- here is my recipe taken from www.madisonhousechef.com for chicken wings: 

INGREDIENTS:

Chicken wings
1/3 Cup Flour
1/3 Cup "Cajun Spice" Seasoning- this has salt, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, onion, oregano, thyme and something called TCP in it; which are pretty much the same spices that the original recipe uses, give or take.
DIRECTIONS:
Mix the Flour and Spice in a large plastic zip lock baggie. Put 1-2 chicken wings in at a time and coat them completely. Shake off excess and place on a baking pan that you have first coated with oil. When all wings are coated and placed on the pan, brush with some oil or put a pat of butter on each one. Bake at 375 degrees for 60 minutes. Turn them over after 30 minutes.

These came out so nice and crispy- Almost as if they were fried! And the coating is absolutely delicious! My kiddos actually asked for seconds! I'm calling this a "Pinterest WIN"! 


No comments:

Post a Comment