Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2016

Homemade Pound Cake

So someone I am aquainted with posted that they made some homemade pound cakes. So I though, hey why not? I could try that! So of course I found a reasonably simple recipe on Pinterest and set to work! 

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2.5 cups sugar
1 cup of softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 eggs
1 cup milk

Directions:
So first I creamed the sugar and butter together. But since that attachment no longer exists on my mixer due to an unfortunate mishap years ago, I did it in the food processor. Worked just fine. Then I put that in a bowl. I added the eggs and sprinkled in the baking powder and salt (to get them out of the way). The original instructions said to sift them in with the flour but since I wasn't planning on sifting anything, that wasn't happening. So I used a hand mixer to mix all that together. Then I added the flour one cup at a time alternating with some of the milk and kept mixing until it was nice and creamy. And it did get very creamy looking. So I thought to myself- wow this is looking so good, let me smell it.... Bad idea. Just an FYI- don't bend over and smell anything with the hand mixer on. Results posted below...

Anyway, after you mix everything- pour into a baking pan or two. Make sure they are greased and floured or at least use cooking spray like I did! Bake that deliciousness for an hour on 350 degrees F. 

They turned out delicious despite the lapse in judgement!!!


Below is what happens when you get too close to that mixer!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment